Boston Deep Sea Fishing and Ice Co. Ltd. was formed on 7 August 1885 and started in business with seven second-hand fishing smacks. Two new steam trawlers were launched for the company the following November. These vessels were initially based at Hull, but a fish quay and stores were shortly after built at Boston. By the 1890s the company was making a profit.
In 1922 the Steam Ship 'Lockwood' went aground in the River Haven and blocked the way into Boston Dock. The vessel was salvaged by the Boston Deep Sea Fishing and Ice Co., but because the company had trouble obtaining payment from Boston Corporation for this work, the owner, Fred Parkes, decided to move the business to Fleetwood and Grimsby and this marked the end of Boston as a major fishing port. This was just one of many cases of Boston Councillers making the wrong decisions for our town, which they continue to do to this day. Below is the company’s flag, loosely based on the arms of Boston.