Rochford Tower, also known as, or recorded in historical documents as Kyme Tower and Richmond Tower are the standing and buried remains of a medieval brick fortified house.
The house is believed to have been built in the late 15th to early 16th century. The building formerly included a two storey range adjoining the north side of the tower. This range was dismantled in 1807.
The tower is rectangular in plan, measuring 9 metres by 8 metres, and stands four storeys high, with a parapet and turrets at the angles of the tower. The structure is mainly of red brick with stone window dressings. At ground floor level there is a brick vaulted chamber.
The tower was formerly part of a larger building, shown by the bonding scars of a two storey range on the exterior of the northern wall of the tower. The range, forming part of the domestic accommodation, was provided with a communicating doorway to the tower at second storey level.