The business was bought by him in 1919 when he came out of the forces and up to the early 1960's he had employed a small staff but by the time of the demolition he was running the business alone.
Another business affected was the radio and television repair service of Mr. W. Mellor who after 19 years on the premises regretted that he had to move.
The newcomers to the building, the Boston and District F.C. Supporters Association who had only been there since 1965 were moving to nearby Wormgate.
Below: The two pictures show the building as it was and the same view today.