VISITS

Saturday, 13 November 2010

The Peacock

The Peacock (in the Market Place) dated from around the 1670's.
The Royal was added, making it the Peacock and Royal, during the 1880's when a son of Queen Victoria stayed there.

It was finally demolished in the 1960's and the present Boot's the Chemist store was built on the site.

No comments:

Post a comment