In 1726 it was bought by Mr Joseph Fydell who was an importer of cloth into Boston.
The house passed on to his brother-in -law who was a wine merchant then in 1744 was left to a cousin's son Richard Fydell and his son Thomas.
The house stayed in the ownership of the Fydell family until 1868.
It was purchased by the Boston Preservation Trust who worked to restore it and open it to the people of Boston. In 1945 Nottingham University became tenants and used the House as an Adult Education Centre until 2003. Upon their leaving a Limited Company was formed in order to keep the House open to the Public. Rooms are let out to a variety of local and national groups and the largest room is registered for marriage ceremonies.