The Railways arrived in Boston in 1848.
By the early 1900’s they were the biggest employers in the town.
In its heyday the station alone employed over 50 staff
Today, only the line to Skegness and the line towards Sleaford remain in use. There was previously a southbound line to Spalding that joined the line to Peterborough its route is now the main A16 road.
Left : An Engine near the Black Bridge, a footbridge at the bottom of Duke Street that led to Locomotive Street.