Boston General Hospital was down South Terrace, it looked out onto the Bath Gardens, or "Old Park" as we called it when we were kids, it was established in 1871 in temporary premises as the Boston Cottage Hospital.
A new building was erected in 1874 and was extended on several occasions.
The name was changed to Boston Hospital in about 1887, and Boston General Hospital around 1937.
The Hospital was administered from 1948 by the Boston Group Hospital Management Committee of the Sheffield Regional Hospital Board.
The Hospital was replaced by the new Boston Pilgrim Hospital, opened in 1971, and this is the site today, a housing estate.