VISITS

Saturday, 11 December 2010

Grand Sluice railway bridge

The Railway bridge over the Grand Sluice was designed by Richard Johnson, chief engineer of the Great Northern Railway.

 It was built by Stanningley Iron Works in Leeds.

It was opened to traffic in May 1885 to replace the original wooden bridge of 1848 and is still in use today.

No comments:

Post a comment