Sunday, 27 February 2011

Gysor's Hall

This is the 13th. Century Gysor’s Hall that once stood in South Square.

In about 1372 John of Gaunt made it the collecting point for the payments due to his manor at Boston. It was pulled down in 1810 and some of the stones from it were used in the building of a warehouse that was built on its site.

That same warehouse has now been converted into modern flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment